The Accreditation Agency for Study Programmes in Engineering, Informatics, Natural Sciences and Mathematics (ASIIN e.V.) is a non-profit association founded in July 1999. Since then it has provided expert support to German and international universities in the implementation of accreditation procedures on the programme and institutional level. It is a leader nationally and internationally in the accreditation of programmes in engineering, the natural sciences, mathematics, computer sciences as well as in medicine and economics (https://www.asiin.de/en/about-asiin.html).
Why is ASIIN Accreditation Essential for Students?
Accreditation provides universities with a method for assessing, evaluating, and enhancing their programs’ quality.
Accreditation aids students and their parents in selecting quality college programs and aids schools in attracting exceptional students.
Accreditation enables employers to recruit graduates of which they are confident in their preparedness.
Accreditation encourages students to pursue higher education by demonstrating that the study plan, courses, and learning outcomes conform to international standards.
- Program name: Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Program name in Vietnames: Cử nhân Địa chất học
- Degree: Bachelor of Science
- Program code: 7440201
- Type and duration: Full-time, 4 years
- Study language: Vietnamese
- Total credits: 128 credits
The bachelor’s programme in geology aims to equip bachelors with solid foundational knowledge in the natural and social sciences, solid expertise, sufficient wisdom, political qualities, and professional ethics to meet the human resource needs in the field of geology, serving the socio-economic development of Vietnam and the world in the fourth industrial revolution. The bachelor’s degree programme in geology is designed with 06 majors: (1) Mineral Geology, (2) Gemology, (3) Petroleum Geology, (4) Marine Geology, (5) Hydrogeology and Engineering Geology, and (6) Environmental Geology.
Graduate students from the programme are trained to meet the employment requirements and are able to work at:
– Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Department of Construction, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Department of Science and Technology, and domestic and international geology divisions.
– Laboratory of engineering geology – hydrogeology nationwide; domestic and foreign appraisal departments of gold, silver, and gem enterprises and banks.
– Enterprises operating in the fields of geology, environment, construction, transportation, irrigation, hydropower, exploration and extraction of minerals, oil and gas, and groundwater.
– Research institutes: vocational schools, colleges, and universities with related disciplines as trainers/lecturers.
– Startups of businesses, companies, and centers related to the field of training.