Doctoral program, Faculty of Geology, VNUHCM-University of Science
Training high-quality human resources in basic theory, reasonable in-depth knowledge, and modern research methods in the field of geology, qualified to solve theoretical and practical problems of the geology industry, meeting the domestic demand for highly qualified human resources in the field of Geology in basic and applied directions, especially for scientific research and management units in Southern provinces of Vietnam and neighboring countries in the ASEAN region.
The doctoral training program in Geology focuses on research directions, including:
– Petrology, mineralogy and geochemistry;
– Regional geology, geological structure and geotectonics;
– Lithology and mineralogy;
– Petroleum geology;
– Mineral geology;
– Geology and marine mineral resources;
– Quaternary geology and weathering crust.
– Environmental geology and geological hazards, climate change.
– Environmental geology, hydrogeology – engineering geology.